Dell EMC Helps SMBs Power Up with PowerVault Series Entry-Level Storage Arrays
Posted on: September 12, 2018
- New Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series storage arrays purpose-built and priced for small- and medium-sized businesses
- PowerVault ME4 designed for simplicity and built around all-inclusive enterprise features that modernize IT and boost application performance
- Customer installable in 15 minutes; manage from anywhere with simple Web user-interface
- Optimized for SAN and Direct-Attach Storage to Dell EMC PowerEdge servers to support a wide range of business applications and use cases
Dell EMC today introduced the Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series, the next generation family of its entry-level data storage arrays designed for small- and medium-sized businesses. The PowerVault ME4 Series can help organizations modernize IT and boost application performance, packing all-inclusive enterprise features into a product that is simple, fast and affordable. According to new data from IDC, Dell’s 31.6% revenue share lead in the External Entry Storage segment is more than the next six competitors combined. Dell EMC has an install base of more than 400,000 PowerVault units worldwide.
Small- and medium-sized businesses have similar needs to larger enterprises but must meet those needs in the face of smaller budgets and fewer IT support staff. Balancing price and performance is a reality for these organizations, along with selecting storage solutions that are simple to use and manage. Dell EMC designed the PowerVault ME4 Series to meet these needs by offering a feature-rich, yet affordable storage array that is easy to install and use.
“Earlier this year, we made a commitment to simplify and streamline our storage portfolio to make it easier for customers to do business with us,” said Jeff Boudreau, President and GM of Storage, Dell EMC. “The new PowerVault ME4 Series is a key part of that strategy at the entry level, designed for customers looking for an affordable, yet fully featured storage array that’s optimized for SAN and DAS virtualized workloads.”
The new PowerVault ME4 Series family delivers significant increases over previous Dell EMC entry systems in capacity, performance, simplicity and features. Dell EMC built the PowerVault ME4 Series with 75% more drives to increase raw storage capacity by 122%, while also boosting read IOPS performance by 4X.
It is ideal for a wide range of block-based storage use cases such as video surveillance, HPC, virtualization/VDI, entry SAN, low cost consolidation, video editing, NoSQL databases, direct attached and OEM solutions.
PowerVault ME4 Series is an entry-level storage array that delivers enterprise-class performance and features, including:
- Flexible Array Configurations – three models offer from 12 to 84 storage drives that can be configured from 0-100% flash and support any mix of SSDs and HDDs. This provides the capabilities to deliver the optimal performance and low response times of flash with the economics of disk.
- Enterprise-level Capacity and Performance – PowerVault ME4 Series can expand up to 4PB and drive up to 320,000 IOPs.
- All-inclusive Software – Essential components to manage and protect data to drive the business forward including built-in data protection, thin provisioning, remote replication, snapshots, 3-level tiering, volume cloning, integration with VMware vCenter and SRM, drive-level encryption and more.
- Single-vendor Integration – Out-of-the-box integration with Dell EMC PowerEdge 13th and 14th Generation servers simplify the challenges of server capacity expansion, providing business applications with reliable high-speed data access in either SAN or DAS environments.
Every aspect of the PowerVault ME4 has been designed for ease of use. The array is customer-installable in 15 minutes and takes just 15 more minutes to configure and begin storing data as either hybrid or all-flash storage. Managing the PowerVault ME4 Series is made easy with a new HTML5 user interface, enabling customers to use a web browser from anywhere to handle common management tasks such as configuring and managing storage profiles and network connections, responding to alerts and more.
Every PowerVault ME4 Series storage controller is powered by a dual-core Intel® Broadwell® processor. Each array supports multiple protocols including Fibre Channel, iSCSI (and SFP+) and SAS host connectivity.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series minimum configurations are available starting at under USD $13,000 (List Price).
- Blog: “New Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series Makes Storage Simple, Fast and Affordable for SMB Customers”
- Learn more about Dell EMC PowerVault ME4 Series storage arrays
- PowerVault ME4 Specification Sheet
- PowerVault ME4 Data Sheet
- PowerVault ME4 Analyst White Paper
- PowerVault ME4 Product Intro Video
, a part of , enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their using industry-leading , servers, and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a , and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.
Copyright © 2018 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners.
iIDC Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Storage Systems Tracker, 2Q2018
iiOver previous generation PowerVault MD3 Series
iiiBased on internal and partner performance testing report, 2018